Scale on-demand storage and computing resources
Rapidly increasing demand for online games and digital content makes it imperative that the customer delivers more, at a faster pace. The customer was consistently focused on deploying the latest IT systems and infrastructure, to meet evolving requirements. The company required:
- On-demand computing solution that was instantly upgradable to support dynamic market needs
- Flexible and scalable infrastructure that was easy to manage and could provide resources as and when needed Magma was facing several challenges with its existing setup, which included:
- Significant CAPEX to build any additional computing capacity
- Over-burdened IT systems that caused delays in product development and curtailed productivity leading to dissatisfaction among customers
- Managing the IT infrastructure and managing a dedicated in-house team of technology experts
- Keeping pace with the latest technology
InstaCompute– our Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solution enabled the customer to tap into computing resources on-demand, including storage. InstaCompute met three important criteria for Magma Studios operations.
- A sustainable, manageable and scalable option, with reduced IT capital expenditures
- Cloud computing capable platform, to support the IT backbone of Magma Studios
- Powered by a combination of software like SAP Business One, SAP Business All-in-One, SAP Business Objects and related add-ons that assist project management, financial consolidation and integration of smart devices was completed.
InstaCompute is an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud based solution that quickly provides the variable computing power required to meet changing business needs, exactly when needed. Managed through a self-service Web portal that offers on-demand business-class controls, InstaCompute allows IT customers to dynamically add or remove virtual servers, storage capacity and metered internet connectivity.