If the Great Metallica song, "Where ever I may roam" describes you perfectly then
you have landed at the right place. So next time when you are in Hong Kong and feel
like bragging a bit to your friends, give them a call using Tata DOCOMO mobile.
International roaming is pre-activated on your prepay mobile, however a roaming
rental of Rs.99 is applicable on International Roaming. Yeah! We
are at your side!!! Make and receive calls on your Tata DOCOMO while traveling and
stay in touch with your friends.
Learn how to activate International Roaming on your
Prepay & see how to
select your network below.
International roaming is pre-activated on your prepay mobile, Tata DOCOMO Roaming
service allows you to use your mobile phone to make or receive calls from almost
anywhere in World. Roaming rental of Rs.99 is applicable on International Roaming
in addition to the international roaming usage charges.
- Rental is charged only when you Roam Internationally and there is an incoming/outgoing
call, outgoing SMS or Data browsing session.
- Minimum balance of Rs.800 is required to initiate a call.
- Prepay customer can receive incoming calls and send outgoing SMS in all the Direct
- International roaming is Not pre-activated on Bihar and Rest of West Bengal on prepay
SIM cards. To activate the International roaming contact your nearest Tata Docomo
In some newer phones, the Dive-In menu is not obvious. If you are having trouble
locating it, choose your handset below:
You can also glance through these extremely handy
Roaming Tips before you set sailing! Bon Voyage!
If you’re flying to any of
these countries, then you needn’t bother fiddling around your mobile phone
at all. Just switch on your mobile and it will automatically connect to any of the
available network in that particular country.
For International Roaming Tariff details on Prepay, select the country you plan
to fly to below:
The mentioned tariffs are indicative and subject to change without notice since
visiting network charges change from time to time. Caller Line Identification Number
(CLI) is not guaranteed while roaming.
Terms and conditions apply. Tariff plans may change as per TRAI directions/regulations.
"Note : ***
3G Handset required"
Here are some handy tips to enjoy uninterrupted roaming!
Check-list before you fly
- Check that your international roaming is active by calling our
24 Hours Customer Care.
- Store +91 before the phone numbers of your family and friends in your phone book
- Cancel Call Divert/forward facility unless needed to avoid being charged for incoming
as well as received calls.
Handset Tips before your fly
- Find out before flying if your handset works in the country you're traveling to.
- Please check the Handset compatibility with Network frequency (850/1900/2100 3G
networks) before travelling outside India.
Click here to find out the frequency of country visiting
- Carry along a world traveler plug as the power sockets in some countries may be
different from those used in India.a
- Do remember to switch off your mobile phone when you board the plane
Choosing a network when you are abroad
Ideally, your phone will automatically select the best local network after your
switch on your phone.
It may take a little longer for the network name to appear. If it doesn't, you can
do so manually on your phone in simple steps:
Step 1: Select Settings in the main menu
Step 2: Choose Network Selection
Step 3: Select Manual
Step 4: Select the network you want from the list
Making & receiving calls & SMS when
you are abroad
- To make a call, dial the full number, including country specific area codes.
- Incoming calls are charged when you receive calls.
- Sending & receiving text messages works exactly the same as when you're in the
Call Diverts on Roaming
- We suggest you cancel the call divert/ forward facility while roaming as diverted
calls are charged whether received or not.
- In case you require to use call forward facility, use the ‘unconditional/
all calls' option or ‘switched off / not reachable' option.
Getting help when you are abroad
If you lose your Tata DOCOMO mobile phone or SIM card while roaming, or encounter
any other difficulty while on International Roaming, call Tata DOCOMO customer care
immediately on +919225510000. These calls will be charged at the
regular international rate.
Avoid Data Bill Shock
- Data usage limit per customer has been defined as 10 MB. Standard charges applicable.
- Once your Data/GPRS limit reached 95% you will receive a SMS alert. Your Data service
will be barred once data usage crosses 10 MB of usage.
- To unbar data services please SMS ‘EXTEND’ to 121. Once the data is unbarred, next
10 MB usage granted to you.
- This step is taken to prevent you from Data shock when you receive your TATA Docomo
to Show T&C
- The tariffs are exclusive of VAT, service tax and any taxes charged by foreign network,
which would be additionally charged for.
- Tariffs are indicative and subject to change without prior notice.
- Caller Line Identification Number (CLI) is not guaranteed while roaming.
- All Data (Dive In / Internet /MMS/Blackberry) usage is charged based on Volume.
- All Data (Dive In/ Blackberry/MMS) usage is charged based on Volume of data sent
or received. Your local unlimited plan for Data/Blackberry is not valid overseas.
- For Data: Additional PDP charges may apply with some operators. PDP context is an
association between the Visited and Home Data network and is used for validation
of the Data subscriber. This appears in the bill as charges against 0 Kb usages,
which are nonetheless billable.
- Data is chargeable during IR as some Smart phones/device get connected to Data Network
automatically, and if a particular application is ON, the application can
trigger data connection automatically
- Calls made to Customer Care centre (from international roaming location) will be
charged as per the international roaming tariff.
- Please note that download speeds can vary depending on network conditions.
- 3G handsets are required for roaming in Japan / Korea.
Click here for more details.